Friday, June 6, 2014

The Strangling Brothers - Original Character Designs


 During a break in class once I drew a clown hitman on the whiteboard. I liked the character design and turned it into an idea for a cartoon. The above image was a style concept for the Cartoon. I dubbed it The Strangling Bros.


The brothers' names are Syko and Blasto Strangling. Their last name is a play on the 'Ringling Brothers Circus', but twisted into a more "actiony" name. The premise for the story was: The Brothers were part of a famous family circus act when they were kids; their act was incredibly famous. However, the local mimes were tired of being in the clowns' shadow and form a Mafia. They decide to take extreme measures and assassinate the members of the top clown act in the area, The Strangling Family Circus. The Brothers' uncle grabbed the boys and escaped. The boys and their uncle hide out for the next 20 years and the mime mafia has taken control of the city. Events take place that force the brothers out of laying low. The brothers find a mentor and embark on a quest for revenge against the mimes.

The cartoon is meant to be a parody of mafia and action movies. It's a got some heavy drama mixed with over-dramatic dialogue and ridiculous action. The brothers face traumatic events and fight the mimes using their comedy; like throwing pies with grenades or jacket flowers with acid or napalm.


The image above is a "family portrait" of the Bianchi Mime Syndicate. After they stamped out The Strangling Family Circus, the Bianchi Mimes took over as the main entertainment force in the city. The mimes would extort local shops and vendors to pay for the "privilege" of having mimes on their street. One by one Syko and Blasto take these mimes on until they satisfy their vengeance.

Currently this project is on hold. I was working on it on my freetime and have some drafts for the first episode. I am planning this show as an episodic series on youtube. I plan to continue this when I have more time. I think it's a fun idea and has lots of potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment